Sous Chef ,Team Lead, Summit Smokehouse - Northstar California Resort - Winter Seasonal - Vail
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for the oversight of shifts in the absence of the Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine
- Expected to be a hands-on supervisor who leads their team by example and motivates the team
- Is a role model and advocate for the company mission and core values
- Ensures staffing levels, grooming standards and guest service levels are executed at a high level
- Assigning team duties, breaks and adjusting as needed
- Communicates with team members in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, etc.
- Ensures all communication, standards, policies and expectations are communicated to their team and then executed flawlessly
- Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
- Ensures proper labor management and cost control
- Ability to maintain the teams and his/her own composure during peak operating periods
- Has a defined plan to complete company leadership training
- Communicates with commissary to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, return to stocks, including variances, spoilage and excess inventories
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes created by availability of product or direction from Supervisor
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the Top 25 Ski Towns in the World. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 146857
Associated topics: commercial, corporate kitchen, culinary school, dining chef, executive kitchen, head chef, pantry, pastry, pizza chef, sous chef
• Post ID: 40418817 reno