Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:50 PM
Do you like the idea of operating large, dynamic machinery with other like:minded people to create a premium product that dominates in the market? Then read further
The Production Operator is an integral member of the James Hardie Building Products team, responsible for working with machinery, raw materials and other employees to create high quality fiber cement building products. The best Production Operators are self:motivated and will strive to understand complex processes and procedures and then challenge themselves and others for continuous improvement and high product quality. The most successful Production Operators embrace progressive thinking and are willing to work on multiple assignments throughout the shift.
At James Hardie Building Products, your career path is managed by you : we measure and reward your willingness to advance through demonstrated skills assessments and progressive internal certifications. Each employee has an active say in their own timeline for learning and career advancement.
What are we looking for in a candidate? Someone with a stable work history and the ability to demonstrate past successes related to a manufacturing or similar production environment. Two or more years in manufacturing is a plus, but if you have a passion to try something new, we would love to hear from you. We also want to hear from you if you are passionate for safety, product quality, customer service, and the success of those around you.
As a 24/7 manufacturing facility of fiber cement building products, we ask that you be able to:
* Work 12:hour shifts that could include rotation between days and nights or fixed nights.
* Lift up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
* Walk, stand and/or sit for extended period of time.
* Read, write and speak English.
* Learn and be comfortable operating large forklifts and other heavy equipment.
* Work around bulk raw materials, moving equipment, high pressure water, varying temperatures and other environmental conditions related to cement board manufacturing.
* Use multiple types of personal protective equipment.
In return, we offer a highly competitive compensation plan that includes:
* Full medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day of employment for you and eligible dependents
* 6 dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program
* Free lunch Wednesday
* Generous paid vacation and holidays
* Well Pay accrual
* Job training and development
* Life insurance
* Disability Income Protection
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Reduced priced Uniform Service
* Employee Assistance Program
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a world leader in fiber:cement technology. We manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential and commercial markets. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the United States, Europe, Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand. In the United States alone, we have 8 manufacturing plants, three regional offices and one research center.
We are committed to every form of diversity at James Hardie Building Products. We firmly believe that by hiring and developing people of every background and culture it will further strengthen our company and its people.
James Hardie Building Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Location: Reno
• Post ID: 40538912 reno