Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 8:38 AM
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long:term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than 33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare : PEDIGREE(R), ROYAL CANIN(R), WHISKAS(R), BANFIELD(R) Pet Hospital, CESAR(R), SHEBA(R), DREAMIES(R) and NUTRO(R); Chocolate : M and M'S(R), SNICKERS(R), DOVE(R), GALAXY(R), MARS(R), MILKY WAY(R) and TWIX(R); Wrigley : DOUBLEMINT(R), EXTRA(R), ORBIT(R) and 5(TM) chewing gums, SKITTLES(R) and STARBURST(R) candies, and ALTOIDS(R) AND LIFESAVERS(R) mints. Food : UNCLE BEN'S(R), DOLMIO(R), EBLY(R), MASTERFOODS(R), SEEDS OF CHANGE(R) and ROYCO(R); Drinks : ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS(TM), THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY(TM), KLIX(R) and FLAVIA(R); Symbioscience : COCOAVIA(R) and WISDOM PANEL(R).
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Experience: Preferred 2 years manufacturing experience with demonstrated leadership ability
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Physical Requirements: Must be capable of working at elevated heights
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively
Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
1. Provide coordination for a process area. Responsible for understanding safe and efficient operation of all processing equipment to meet or exceed daily production, safety, quality, and food safety requirements.
2. Ensure all process reports are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
3. Monitor all activities in assigned area of responsibility, immediately reporting downtimes to Supervisor, Maintenance or Quality Assurance when downtime cannot be corrected by the operator.
4. Facilitate good communication and planning with other leads and operators to ensure that changeovers are done timely and effectively.
5. Facilitate supplies and resources so that each line may run without delay to complete the shift schedule.
6. Meet or exceed the plant productivity goal for the shift.
7. Ensure associates are adhering to all safety and GMP polices throughout the site.
8. Ensure all areas of the site are maintained at high sanitation levels.
9. Must influence a positive culture and elevate any cultural concerns.
10. Other duties and responsibilities throughout the plant as assigned by Supervisor.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation dur
• Location: Reno
• Post ID: 36160767 reno