Are you looking for a new job that providesstable, year-roundemployment, competitive pay and a standard Monday through Friday schedule? Our Reno Distribution Center has all of that and more!
Our team members enjoy a competitive wage and industry leading benefits includingimmediatehealth, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance in addition to generous profit sharing and 401k programs.
Imperial Supplies LLC, aGrainger company, is a national distributor of quality maintenance supplies to the fleet industry and our 96,000 sq. foot Nevada Distribution Center is located in South Reno. Weve doubled our headcount since 2012 and want YOU to join us!
Under direct supervision, the Shipping Processor isresponsible for safe and accurate shipment processing functions including carrier routing decisions based on shipment weight, customer requirements, and destination location. Provide back up in the absence of the Shipping Coordinator.
- Ship customer orders using Parcel Manifesting system including: accurate data entries, Bill of Lading, manifest printing, Canadian export documents, and other carrier documentation. Ensure delivery within customer requirements.
- Pack customer orders using proper packing materials, unit quantities, and packing guidelines for hazardous materials.
- Prepare orders for shipment including: palletizing and wrapping, loading and unloading trucks, scheduling carrier pick ups, rate quoting and special instructions to carriers.
- Report variances in customer orders or carrier requirements to Shipping Crew Leader.
- Assist with picking and checking customer orders to meet deadlines.
- Observe all safety regulations and promote safe working habits.
- Maintain good housekeeping and stock shipping station with the necessary packaging materials and supplies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School diploma/GED equivalent and valid state drivers license
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: One year of general warehouse/distribution knowledge.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One year of manufacturing or warehousing operating experience and experience with ship manifesting, shipment of parcel, truck shipments, handling of hazardous materials.
SKILLS: High degree of mathematical skills, effective reading and writing skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving skills and ability to complete assigned responsibilities with minimal direction. Ability to learn and operate parcel shipping systems software and demonstrated technical skills for safe operation of industrial equipment. Strong communication skills and ability to work positively with outside carrier personnel and cross-functional areas.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires majority of time standing and walking. Requires normal speaking skills, vision and hearing. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires eyehand coordination and body dexterity to bend, reach, stoop, crouch, handle, climb and balance. Ability to operate heavy industrial equipment to a height of 15 feet above floor level.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Substantial amount of contact with employees. Ability to work extended hours on a periodic basis.
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 40048632 reno